Igniting the pathway to our movements’ future
Deadline February 29, 2024
“Igniting the pathway to our movements’ future”
The Caribbean Confederation of Credit Unions Development Foundation is excited to present to you, our inaugural Youth Successor Scholarships!
We have been inspired by the talent, innovation, and creative young minds we have in our Caribbean Credit Union Movement to put together an opportunity of a lifetime for 2 outstanding employees aged 40 years or younger.
Two scholarships will be awarded to:
- An employee of CCCU member affiliate (League or member Credit Union) and;
- An employee of a Caribbean credit union that are indirect members of CCCU.
Our aspirations for these Youth Successors are to lead us into the future by being provided the platform to network, have their voices heard, and impact real change across our Caribbean Credit Union Leagues, Credit Unions, and the World. The 2 individuals awarded the Youth Successor scholarship will receive full airfare, accommodations, and convention fees covered to attend the Caribbean Confederation of Credit Unions (CCCU) convention in St.Kitts June 21st – 26th 2024. A value of approximately $5000USD per recipient. It is mandatory that the successful Scholarship Recipients participate in the Community give back initiative. Further details will follow.
If you are, or you know of a member of your team that is passionate, motivated, and demonstrates leadership qualities within the Caribbean credit union movement, we strongly encourage these applications.
- Be aged 40 years or younger in the 2024 calendar year
- Be an active employee of a CCCU member affiliate (League/Credit Union) or Caribbean Credit Union that is an indirect member of CCCU at the time of application and at the time of the 2024 CCCU convention
- Demonstrate passion, leadership and innovation within our credit union
by submitting a video 5 minutes or less outlining a solution to the question;“How can you contribute to enhancing your organization’s goal of minimizing the risks faced by climate change?” Creativity is key!
- A written essay outlining why the applicant believes they deserve the scholarship, and what they wish to gain by attending the CCCU convention.
- A letter of support from their CEO, GM, or president
- Must be no more than 5 minutes in length
- Must be shot in horizontal/landscape format
- Must be uploaded to Youtube with the title “applicants name- CCCU Youth Successor 2024” the link must be noted on your nomination form
- All nomination materials become the property of the Caribbean Confederation of Credit Unions (CCCU) Development Foundation and may be used for promotional purposes in CCCU educational, news, promotional material, whether in print, electronic or other media, including CCCU website.
- A completed application form
- A video submission, maximum 5 minutes in length
- A written essay 500-1000 words
- A letter of support from CEO, GM or President
- 40% weighting on creative solution to the system challenge
- 40% weighting on essay quality
- 20% weighting on creative video submission
We would like to thank our CCCU board of directors for recognizing the importance of investing in our Youth Successors now, and for our future.